Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mega Mall


For a muslim country, Christmas time is sure busy in KL. Driving down the federal highway, traffic was at a crawl from Mega Mall all the way to the start of the federal highway beginning in KL itself.

Mega Mall is an engine enigma to me. There it sits in the middle of three of the most populated areas in the Klang Valley, yet its only form of public transport is a single free bus from Bangsar LRT to itself and back again. It is the source of only traffic and traffic jams for anyone going down the federal highway towards PJ from KL. How is it that there are so many cars in this country?!

When I was living in Thailand, I met a man at a school who said to me that Bangkok is a dead city in terms of things to do for free. That may also go for KL as well. Before you do anything, be prepared to spend a few bucks. Nothing is free here. Now that is either an argument for or against Malaysia PLC. Something I am still dwelling on and in.

No comments: